Pentagon Releases Second Batch of UFO, UAP Files
Comments
Link successfully copied
The Pentagon, the headquarters for the U.S. Department of War, in Arlington, Va., on Aug. 20, 2025. (Alex Brandon/AP Photo)
By Savannah Hulsey Pointer
5/22/2026Updated: 5/22/2026

The Department of War released its second batch of previously classified documents related to Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) to the public.


The May 22 files contained information about alleged UFO sightings, including unexplained green orbs, discs, and fireballs.


Of the files released, one is a 116-page document that relates to sightings and investigations at a top-secret facility in Sandia, New Mexico, from 1948 to 1950.


“This file contains 209 sightings of ‘green orbs’, ’discs’, ⁠and ‘fireballs’ reported near the military base,” the Department of War said.


Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said the documents, photos, and videos of “unidentified anomalous phenomenon” had caused rampant speculation.


“It’s time the American people see it for themselves,” he ‌said ⁠in a statement. 


This is the second instance of documents being released, which was done after President Donald Trump’s February order for limited transparency on the issue via an executive order regarding all “alien and extraterrestrial life.”


The first document drop took place earlier this month.


The department said that release was of “new, never-before-seen files” on UAPs and was “part of the Presidential Unsealing and Reporting System for UAP Encounters (PURSUE).”


Hegseth said at the time that these files, “hidden behind classifications, have long fueled justified speculation—and it’s time the American people see it for themselves.”


According to the Department of War, war.gov/ufo has received more than 1 billion hits since the launch of the site housing the documents on May 8.


The department said this highlights “the unprecedented levels of interest” in the topic.


At the time of the second release, Trump posted on Truth Social, saying it had been an honor to direct his administration to release the files. 


The Pentagon released more than 160 files at that time, dating back 80 years.


The Department of War said its agency and others are “actively working on the third release of UAP files, which will be announced in the near future.”


Owen Evans contributed to this report.

Share This Article:
Savannah Pointer is a politics reporter for The Epoch Times. She can be reached at savannah.pointer@epochtimes.us